Sunday, May 2, 2010

Get to Know Your Regulars

Repeat business is very important in any business. I feel that its even more important than creating promotional activities. If you have very good repeat business, you don’t have to constantly crack your head to think of new promotional activities to bring in business. This I found to be true lately. I have always created beautiful flyers and also promotional activities. You can see some of it in my page Restaurant Promotional Ideas . It brought people in but you must always be on the look out for regulars. I now have highlight to my staff, that if they see any regulars or some people from the local community call me. I will then drop by and say hi. Most regulars feel very important when they see a manager dropping by to say hi. Well nowadays I see some results, business is getting better even in the current economic downturn. Well when the economy gets better, then this people spending power will be better. Get to know their names, spouses name, kids name. Ask about what they do for a living. Show the customer that you enjoy seeing them and make them feel at home. Play with their kids, give them some treats e.g a speciality drink or dessert. What I have now a small colouring books and crayons which I give to the kids to take back. This days kids tell the parents where to eat. Look at McDonalds and KFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment